In this section, I will go over some of the popular educational software used in Linux. Each application will have it's own page with a description of its use and features and screenshots of the software in action.
- Galculator is a GTK 2 /GTK 3 based scientific calculator for Linux users.
- GeoGebra Classic allows you to solve math problems, graph functions, create geometric constructions, do statistics and calculus, save and share your results.
- GNOME Calculator is an application that solves mathematical equations and is suitable as a default application in a Desktop environment.
- KCalc is a calculator which offers many mathematical functions, such as trigonometric functions, logic operations, and statistical calculations.
- NumWorks is a easy-to-use graphing calculator that has a modern design and has a free online emulator.
- Pebbles is an advanced calculator application designed for elementary OS.
- Qalculate! is a multi-purpose desktop calculator for GNU/Linux. It is small and simple to use but with much power and versatility underneath. Features include customizable functions, units, arbitrary precision, plotting, and a user-friendly interface.
- QT-Calculator is a very basic calculator for Linux users.
- R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics that is supported by the R Project for Statistical Computing.
- R Commander is a graphical interface for R.
- RStudio is a free, open source IDE (integrated development environment) for R.
- SpeedCrunch is a high-precision scientific calculator featuring a fast, keyboard-driven user interface.
- TI-83 Plus (Using the TilEm Emulator) - The TI-83 Plus is an easy-to-use graphing calculator for math and science that lets students graph and compare functions, as well as perform data plotting and analysis.
- TI-84 Plus CE (Using the CEmu Emulator) - The TI-84 Plus CE (Color Enhancement) is an easy-to-use graphing calculator with a high-resolution, full-color backlit display and built-in MathPrint™ feature that makes comprehension of math and science topics quicker and easier.